Pages

Sunday 4 March 2018

A sparkly Simplicity 1366 for Frocktails

Frocktails is done and dusted for another year...and I'm sure some of that (glitter) dust has come from this top. Whilst I did have a dress already made to wear February can be VERY hot in Sydney and I didn't think a polyester elastane dress was going to fly.

This is my trusty Simplicity 1366 top made in a shiny gold foil-knit from The Fabric Store. The fabric is my no means a natural fabric but it's quite thin, and when paired with my Veronika Skirt I felt quite cool all night.

Not much to report as I've made this top so many times before. The fabric is not meant to go through the machine but my dry-cleaning days are behind me so it did go into the wash....which probably explains why I flaked little bits of foil all night.



----

PatternSimplicity 1366
Size: 18
Modifications:  
added 7.5cm to the length, added 1cm to both the side of the front and back neckline and dropped the front neckline a bit. Shortened the sleeves by 5cm.
Fabric: some sort of foil knit fabric from The Fabric Store.

Changes for next time: none

No comments:

Post a Comment