Pages

Thursday 1 June 2017

Me May May 2017 wrap up

Today is the 1st June (Captain Obvious here) and Me Made May is over. I enjoyed participating, but I was well and truly over it by the middle of the month. Not quite sure why though - perhaps selfie fatigue has set it (big thanks to Dave for so many of these photos as I rushed out of the house each morning)? Or perhaps outfit fatigue had set in?

My challenge to myself was two-fold, and I knocked the first part of the challenge (to wear/use me-made each time I leave the house) out of the park. Last year I padded out my me-made efforts with lots of me-made accessories to cover me when I didn't have a garment to wear. This year I didn't need to do that at all and easily wore at least one me-made garment every day, sometimes two (or more). I also had my trusty me-made Genoa Tote with me at all times -- so that was a bit of a cheat.


Many of my items were worn more than once (though not all) - and many of my me-made items didn't get worn at all as the weather was just not right for them. There were also a few tops that I could've worn, but just was not feeling the love for (aka my Ebony Tees have basically killed me love for the Our Fave Top who's fit is not quite right on me). May is a tricky time of month in Sydney. Is it hot, is it cold, is it somewhere in between? Who knows.

Funnily enough, this Ebony Tee (which is a save from an epic dress fail) was my most worn piece - and possibly one of my favourite makes this month!


The second part of my self-challenge was to finally make that darn Berlin Coat that is in my pile...meh. I did cut it out and it's ready to sew but I really am just not feeling it. There are too many other things that keep jumping in front of it. I will get to it...one day!

A lot of people are using Me Made May this year to identify gaps in their wardrobe (for me it was just to wear what I've been making). As I still buy a lot of ready to wear garments I feel like I have a pretty comprehensive wardrobe already. I don't buy tops and dresses like I used to - and I am lacking in winter dresses so perhaps a new Ebony Tee Dress will happen soon. I don't really "need" anything - but I do enjoy sewing, ergo the conundrum.

How about you? Did you participate in Me Made May this year? How did you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment