Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Ebony Tee - Dress

I've made about 500 Ebony Tee's since my last post, and now a dress!

This is actually my second attempt at the dress pattern. I thought that the dress would be S-H-O-R-T like the Tee so added 2" to it...which also entailed adding width. Turns out I did not need the extra length at all, nor the width, and I made myself a bonafide tent! It's since become a top, but more on that another time.

This attempt is made as per the pattern - no changes at all. I've sewed the size 16 and it's a very swingy style with a subtle high-low hem happening. The fabric is from the Fabric Store - it's a viscose 7.7.& /lycra 6% /polyester 17%...not great for hot weather but good as the weather is now quite chilly (finally). The fabric was 160cm wide and only $20/pm. Seems too good to be true!


Not sure how "flattering" the dress is from the back as it's VERY wide...but I can't see it so "whatever".

I really like this dress and have spied some fabric at My Hung in Parramatta for a possible second version.
-------

Pattern: Closet Case Files "Ebony Tee"
Size: 16
Modifications:  none.
Fabric
Fabric Store - viscose 7.7.& /lycra 6% /polyester 17%...not great for hot weather but good as the weather is now quite chilly (finally).
Changes for next time: none  

No comments:

Post a Comment