Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Crochet baskets

I'm really getting my craft on lately.

I do love classes and I've decided that crochet is something I'm keen to learn more about. I saw some Instagram photos of cool bowls made from "t-shirt" yarn and thought it would be a fun skill to learn. Sure enough, there was a class out there waiting for me and at only $50 it seems like very good value!

This class is run by Classie and is held in a cafe near Town Hall - so very convenient. The class comes with a hot drink which basically allows us to sit at our table until the class is over!


The yarn is THICK and the hook is BIG so it's quite a lot of awkward holding and moving to get used to. I got there in the end though and made this soft bowl that I'm very happy with. I used ALL the colours on offer and love the way it turned out. It now sits on the back of the couch and holds some balls of wool for the various projects I have on the go at home.



My bowl could also be worn as a hat if need be!



Or I can just use it as a bowl!


I have bought some more of this t-shirt yarn from Lincraft and I quite fancy using it to make a mat -- perhaps for the bathroom. So many crafty ideas, and so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment